Our editors go through chapters to correct spelling/grammar errors, improve the overall flow of the translation and notify translators of continuity or logic issues. They also interact with readers – answering questions about their novel on our Discord server for example – and aid translators in making decisions with matters such as terminology or how best to gain new readers.
In return, editors are paid a flat amount of money per chapter they edit (which can increase over time, dependent on each individual's skill). Each month editors will also be paid a portion of the advertising revenue generated by the novel they work on. If editors perform well, editing skillfully and growing their novel's readership, both streams of income will increase. And of course editors are paid royalties from the publication of any ebooks produced from translations they have edited too.
We are looking for people with not just a native proficiency in English, but who also understand grammar rules and have a sharp eye for detail. If you don't know the difference between "its" and "it's" or where the possessive apostrophe should go in a word that ends with "s", this might not be the role for you.
Are you someone with professional experience, extensive amateur experience, or a BA or above in English? If so, please email us directly at [email protected], detailing your background. If not, the button's down below!
- Thoroughly checking through chapters to remedy errors
- Working with the translator constructively to improve vocabulary choices and sentence structure
- Working while ensuring that any alterations do not deviate from the meaning of the original text
- Engaging with readers in comment sections as well as on other platforms such as Discord and Facebook
- Using social media to actively promote the novel and attract new readers
- Native level of English
- Deep understanding of grammar, meaning and flow
- Available to edit 30+ chapters per month
- Willingness to adapt to and use a house style
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work to a deadline